The Georgia Association of Educational Leaders (GAEL) is the organization that provides unity for major school leadership groups in Georgia. It is a statewide “umbrella” organization, composed of six professional affiliate associations for school leaders. SSTAGE contracts with GAEL for association management services.
The six departments of GAEL are:
- Georgia Association of Elementary School Principals (GAESP)
- Georgia Association of Middle School Principals (GAMSP)
- Georgia Association of Secondary School Principals (GASSP)
- Georgia Association of Curriculum and Instructional Supervisors (GACIS)
- Georgia School Superintendents Association (GSSA)
- Georgia Council of Administrators of Special Education (G-CASE)
SSTAGE encourages all its members to join the GAEL organization and its affiliates. GAEL is open to individuals who hold or are seeking positions in educational leadership. Membership to GAEL, the affiliate associations and SSTAGE also includes other school leaders, such as assistant and associate superintendents, assistant principals, college and university administrators, state Department of Education administrators and other school leadership personnel. The membership year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30.
GAEL Headquarters: 850 College Station Road, Room 122 River’s Crossing Building, Athens, GA 30602.
Office hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Office phone: (706) 250-4800
GAEL’s mailing address is: P.O. Box 6445, Athens, GA 30604