Shelly Bell and Wanda McPherson, Co-Chairs
Monitor and recommend ways to continually expand SSTAGE’s professional development network and to recommend ways to strive for best and promising practices in education. Based on member needs / surveys, plan and organize professional development of the highest quality. Provide a balance of presenters who are known throughout the state, region and nation. Present successful, proven practices in Georgia schools.
- To discuss, recommend, and review conference and workshop surveys and report to the board to make recommendations that will enable members to improve their practice and leadership skills to promote successful, positive outcomes in school improvement for all students.
- To discuss, review, share, and recommend ways to help members and schools strive for high standards of practice and direct services to students in Georgia schools.
GOALS FOR 2011-2012:
- By June 2012, the Professional Learning committee will coordinate at least two professional learning options within 100 miles of every school system in Georgia.
- By June 2012, the Professional Learning committee will collaborate with Region Chairs and offer at least one Professional Learning opportunity in each region.
- By June 2012, the Professional Learning committee will offer two statewide proffesional learning opportunities.